12 Causes Your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) Strategy Is Not Succeeding
Here’s a report for you: Your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) strategy is not failing as a result of Google’s got it out for you or as a result of your suffering from some mysterious penalty. Though it will be tempting to clear away your website’s failure to advance within the organic Search Engine Results Pages ( SERPs ) as being produced by issues outside of your management, the fact is that there are many rather more routine reasons that Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) campaigns fail.
Take a look at the subsequent list and apply them to your own campaign:
1) You’re using old ways
Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) changes on a daily basis as a result of Google and therefore the other search engines are perpetually updating their algorithms. Therefore, if you’re thinking that your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) isn’t operating, take a look at the ways you’re using and see if they’re just out-of-date.
Here are some samples of old Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) ways in 2019:
- Content Machines. I am not saying that content marketing doesn’t work any longer, however, moving out large quantities of low-quality content for $5 per post doesn’t work any longer. If you aren’t addressing your users’ burning queries, don’t expect Google to point out your page within the Search Engine Results Pages ( SERPs ).
- Long-Tail Keywords only. If you’re making many very little pages to rank for one specific long-tail keyword, you’re getting to get crushed. As brands rise to the highest, using the skyscraper technique could be better.
- Keyword Stuffing. This is old nowadays. If you’re simply repeating a keyword over and once more on a page while not it is placed in a very helpful context, it’ll not only fail to assist, however, it might also land you with a Google Penalty.
- Building Poor Links. You cannot simply get links. They need to be high-quality and from a commanding source.
2) Your website User expertise (UX) Is Poor
Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is not only about onsite tricks and inbound links. To win Google’s attention in 2019, your customers have to be compelled to love your website.
So if your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is failing, check your website dwell time. If your average client spends a minimum of 10 minutes on your website, Google can rank you on top of your contestant whose audience only stays for 10 seconds.
Here are some super simple ways to increase your User Experience ( UX ):
- Improve website Speed. Did you recognize that for each second an Amazon page takes to load they lose $1.6 billion in sales? Therefore speed up your page load time! This can be such a simple win, it might appear silly to not have it off. You’ll check your website speed using a tool Google developed referred to as Page Speed Insights, that is free.
- Site Speed Image.
- Use additional Media. If there aren’t any communicating or otherwise engaging pictures on your website, your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) efforts are hurt. As well as videos, pictures, and charts further as taking advantage of white space can facilitate increase the user experience (which, in turn, advances dwell time).
- Optimize Your Headlines. Your article headline has to describe what the page is about, therefore don’t have a title referred to as the 10 Best Restaurants in Lebanon and so have a reader click through to an article that describes the 10 best grilled food in Lebanon. Offer them specifically what you say you may.
If your website is optimized for Google instead of customers, you’re getting to struggle to attain any of those 3 factors, as shoppers have an insight for filtering out sites that are in it for the incorrect reasons. Remember, your shoppers are shopping for from you, not Google!
3) You Don’t Have Analytics and Goal Tracking Installed
If you haven’t even disturbed to set up website analytics, how are you able to be shocked that your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) campaign is failing?! Analytics and goal tracking programs offer you all the data you would like to see what’s operating – and what isn’t – on your website.
Start with fixing Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Once you have got done that, make certain that you just are tracking these basics in Google Analytics:
- New or unique visitor conversion.
- Sources for incoming traffic.
- Interactions per visit (pages/sessions).
- Return visitor conversion.
- Value per visit.
- Bounce rate.
- Lead generation value (costs per conversion).
- Exit pages.
- Page views.
- Average session duration.
Operating within the absence of this data is like driving a car while not the rear read mirror – you won’t apprehend why your campaign is failing till you analyze the past to know how earlier selections have affected your present performance!
So make certain that you just are taking advantage of your Google Analytics account. Once you’re feeling comfy with it, you’ll also begin to be told regarding advanced settings and alternative cool tools to grow your business.
4) Your Niche is simply too Competitive
You can plug away for years making an attempt to urge a website within the competitive monetary and wellbeing industries to rank well amongst its better-established competitors, however – sadly – you’ll never see your efforts pay off. Whereas you may assume your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is failing, the matter is also that Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) isn’t a tactic you’ll use to grow.
This doesn’t mean to forget about Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ), but you still need to have a high-quality website that’s well-optimized and offers friendly and useful user expertise.
You have to change the way you think about Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) from “Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is that the key to my success” to “Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) could be a platform I will begin to create success upon”:
Now that you just have an easy website, you’ll implement some content marketing within the form of weblog posts, podcasts, videos, etc..
You used to just be able to optimize a website for Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) to urge a lot of traffic, however currently you really got to be your customer’s hero to rank. the nice news is that when you’re ready to build a loyal following, you may not get to worry regarding perpetually generating new leads.
5) You’re too Keyword Focused
If you’re still throwing up a page about a super-specific long-tail keyword and see it rank in no time – even if we were competing alongside big brands. Then no surprise your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is failing. In 2019, that has modified. Currently, it’s the large brands that continuously find yourself on prime in spite of however specific your post is.
The brands can rise to the highest. If you’re that specialize in ranking for long-tail keywords, you’re getting to suffer.
How to become a big brand? Here are a couple of ways to try and do this:
- Produce nice Content. If you’ll answer all the queries that your customers are asking in a very thorough, up-to-date and personal style, you shouldn’t have an excessive amount of bother gaining a following which can facilitate grow your brand.
- Associate with larger Brands. This could be done through guest posting on the sites of trade leaders, having an influencer on your podcast or alternative inventive ways that. If you don’t have an excellent trade to supply (they may not wish to grant away their time), think about how you’ll build it valuable for that person. are you able to provide them free content marketing? What does one do well?
- Be a good Storyteller. Very Growth all over a podcast that the simplest way to build a following is by telling super relatable stories and build a stronger bond together with your audience, here you can beat your competitors.
6) Your Target Keywords Don’t Receive Enough Search Volume
Keyword search volume is difficult to live precisely – however that doesn’t mean that you just shouldn’t measure it at all!
It might not be that the Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) ways you’re using are failing. Many campaigns fail as a result of the high rankings their managers sought-come from keywords that merely aren’t searched for by regular users. It will be simple to leap to the highest of the Search Engine Results Pages ( SERPs ) for these queries, however, if you wish these first rankings to show into actual traffic, make sure that each of the keywords you’re targeting includes a search volume that’s in step with your website goals before you begin engaged on your campaign.
But keywords with high search volume sometimes have a high keyword difficulty score, therefore staying to low-search-volume keywords is better.
Well, in 2019, you’re comfortable making a brilliant thorough guide that targets a high-volume keyword, even if it’s a reasonably high-difficulty keyword. If it’s very careful, then it ought to rank for a few keywords even if it doesn’t land the high-difficulty keyword. come back your post in regarding six months and see what keywords have stuck. Then try using a content renovation tactic to upgrade them and re-optimize for those keywords.
7) You’re Building the incorrect Links
You are building links. That is right, but keep in mind you can’t just build old links.
Here are some link techniques that you just ought to avoid:
- Link Directories. Google isn’t a fool. It won’t value at all to place a link in a directory with many other different links.
Links in Footers. If you have got an internet site linking to you outwardly from the footer, this might probably damage you. If you see a large number of those types of links or the other spammy links, feel free to deny them in your Google Search Console. However, Google states that “In most cases, Google will assess that links to trust without additional guidance, thus most sites won’t get to use this tool.”
- No Follow Links. If somebody drops your link, on the other hand, “no follows” it, your website can unfortunately not receive a lot of boost. It’s necessary to check if your link is going to be followed before doing a guest post.
- Low domain authorities ( DA ) website. If you have got plenty of links from websites with low domain authorities, this won’t essentially hurt you, however, it won’t precisely boost your website either.
- Irrelevant Topic. If you’re a furniture store and have a link inform to your website from Samsung (the electronic store), it isn’t getting to assist you. Why? because they need a good domain authorities ( DA ) and are well-known, however, the topics are utterly totally different thus it won’t create Google see you as a significant authority within the furniture space.
- Reciprocal Links. A study done by Ahrefs shows that whereas reciprocal links are common amongst high ranking pages, usually this can be often one thing that happens naturally inside a business. Even so, reciprocal links are so against Google’s guidelines and, therefore, causing emails like “If you link to me I’ll link to you” ought to be avoided at all cost.
The name of the game now is high-quality, natural-looking links, thus if you aren’t willing to place within the necessary time (or pay some other person to try and do so), don’t be shocked once your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) campaigns ultimately fail.
8) You’re Over-Optimizing Your Anchor Text
Another post-Penguin lesson that every one work on Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) got to take to heart is that the prohibition against overly optimized anchor text. Though there’s no strict rule concerning the amount of improvement that’s acceptable recently, it’s an honest plan to use Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) keywords in no over 50% of your anchor text. And even then, the particular keywords you use ought to vary wide so as to forestall the search engines from dinging your website and your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) campaign for manipulation.
9) You Don’t Understand Your Target Audience
While lots of webmasters consider Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) as a “step-by-step” method during which specific actions are undertaken so as to ensure good results in the SERPs, good Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) is far a lot of nuanced.
In fact, good Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) begins with a solid understanding of who your target audience is and what they’re searching for online. Planning to understand your ideal customers on an intimate and personal basis is vital to choosing the suitable keywords to focus on and also the right Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) techniques to induce the results you need. Simply gleaning a number of data points from your favorite Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) tool merely won’t offer you the whole picture required to make sure campaign success.
10) You Aren’t Using Social Media
If you aren’t using social media as a part of your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) campaigns in 2019, you’re being willfully ignorant. The relative weight given to social shares and relative user authority within the Google ranking algorithms is increasing daily, which implies that you’re missing out if you’ve set to not invest in these powerful sites.
Social media helps to enhance brand search volume. Even if people fail to click on your social media post, they will bring it to mind and return and Google it.
11) You’re Ignoring Your Customers
Pursuing Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) to the exclusion of serving your customers could be an instruction for disaster.
The approach that your customers interact together with your website and observe your brand within the social sphere will offer you an incredible quantity of valuable data to be used in your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) methods – however, they’ll only do so if you listen!
Pay special attention to the keywords that individuals are using to explain your brand and also the ways that they navigate through your website, as each of those specific components might dictate the keywords you target in each of your internal and external link-building campaigns.
12) You’re Being Impatient
Unfortunately, Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) results don’t happen long. You’ll plug away for weeks or months at a time while not seeing enhancements, only to possess your rankings to jump a number of places simply before you were getting ready to surrender all hope of ever experiencing Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) success.
There’s no way to predict once your Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ) activities pay off, which implies that patience could be a virtue that every one work on SEO and webmasters should apply. Though you don’t see ends up in the timeframe that you just expect, keep plugging away at the simplest practices described above. Sooner or later, your results are going to be rewarded.